Many people visit skin clinics for various reasons. Some want to fix skin problems while others want to look younger. Whatever your reason is, it all boils down to enhancing your natural beauty. There is nothing wrong with enhancing your natural beauty. If enhancing your beauty improves your confidence, you should schedule treatments right away.
The most common treatment is facials. A facial is considered a multi-step skin treatment. It is popular because it is one of the best ways to take care of the skin. In general, it involves cleansing, exfoliating and nourishing the skin. The ultimate result is a clear and well-moisturised complexion. If it is your first time visiting a Laser and Skin Clinic, it is imperative that you have an idea what will happen inside the treatment room. You should expect the following:
1. Consultation: a facial treatment should start with a consultation. You are required to
Answer questions like supplements you are taking and the products you are currently using through a form. Fill out the form truthfully.
2. Pre-cleanse: once you change into a robe, the esthetician will remove your makeup. Removing makeup is important because it can help indicate your skin’s condition.
3. Skin reading: at this stage, the esthetician will analyze your skin with the help of their modern tools.
4. Cleansing under the steam: this is the time when the esthetician will prepare your skin for optimum absorption. This process also involves stimulating circulation and removing the dead skin cells. Steam will soften the skin and loosen congestion.
5. Chemical peel: the next stage involves exfoliation or chemical peel. The esthetician will pick the right method of exfoliation depending on your skin’s sensitivity. Exfoliation can reveal new and fresh skin cells.
6. Skin sedation: sedation means calming the skin. This is done with the help of a mask.
7. Extractions: the esthetician will decide if this is necessary for your skin. If it is, they will gently remove comedones (like blackheads and whiteheads) with the help of special tools. It is important that they do it in a sterile environment. Do not attempt to do extractions at home.
8. Massage: the esthetician will again decide the appropriate product and blend of massage. This will increase circulation and soften the fine lines. This is extremely relaxing so expect to fall asleep.
9. Targeted treatment: after the massage, the esthetician will tackle your skin concern using a targeted treatment or custom serum.
10. Power mask: the next thing to do is to put power mask on top of the treatment. The mask will facilitate the incorporation of active ingredients into your skin.
11. Finish: your skin will feel fresh and renewed during this stage. You will notice a softer skin with the application of toner, serums, moisturiser and sunscreen (if it is daytime).
12. Advice: the esthetician will give you some points to follow. It is important that you follow the instructions of the esthetician. Do not forget the recommended products for better results. If you want other product recommendations, the esthetician can help you with this.
The price will vary depending on the clinic but it is worth it at the end of the day.